In some areas, large-scale flood disasters occur every year. The mountain flood caused by heavy rainfall is the most frequent and harmful. To better protect property and lives, the establishment of flood monitoring and early warning system is crucial. The system is able to predict the occurrence of mountain flood disasters and inform local people to take preventive measures before the flood, reducing casualties and property losses.
● Support data and SMS mutual backup transmission
● The device can automatically redial after disconnection, auto recover from faults, has multi-layer link detection mechanism to ensure the device is always online
● Support SMS configuration; support remote batch configuration management from device cloud platform
● Fully industrial grade chip, ultra-low power consumption
● Support +9~35VDC wide voltage power input
● Long-hour operation under extremely high or low temperatures ranging -20°C-70°C
Cellular Communications for Flood Monitoring System
In the whole flood monitoring system, InHand industrial-grade InDTU cellular modem is deployed at the automatic rainfall monitoring stations. After connecting to the InDTU, the Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) is able to work under compatible mechanisms which support auto-report and response on-demand. With manual data input interface, the RTU confirms the manual data and then send it to the monitoring center.
At the automatic rainfall monitoring station, with data and SMS backup function, the InDTU cellular modem will actively detect the GPRS network status after power-on. When the field signal is low, or the data link fails, the InDTU will actively submit the status to the RTU and switch to SMS mode.
The monitoring data center has Internet or private network resources including fixed public IP or private IP address, which is used to receive the field data of each automatic rainfall monitoring station. The data center also has SMS receiving devices to receive the information of automatic monitoring stations working under SMS mode.
InDTU Industrial Cellular Modem
● The InDTU supports data and SMS mutual backup, provides redundant communication channel on hydraulic site where usually under poor wireless network coverage to ensure timely data transmission
● Ultra-low power consumption, ideal for use in hydraulic sites that often depend on the power supply of solar batteries
● The InDTU adopts fully industrial-grade chip of high stability and reliability, has hardware and software watchdog and multi-layer link detection mechanism to ensure the wireless connection is “always on”, provide stable network channel for unattended hydraulic sites
● InHand Device Manager cloud makes batch management possible, which greatly facilitates the work of operation and maintenance personnel and reduces operation and maintenance costs
● Rich and widely recognized expertise in the field of wireless communications